HARD TO THE CORE
Hard-Wear® concrete is an innovative ready mix product that outperforms other mixes, even under the toughest of conditions.
Inland Concrete has developed Hard-Wear® concrete, a revolutionary mix for high wear applications. Strength and durability are built right into Hard-Wear concrete mixes ensuring uniform hardness and wear resistance throughout the full depth of the slab, not just on the surface.
Hard-Wear® concrete is ideal for applications requiring abrasion resistance.
- Available in air-entrained and non-air-entrained mixes
- Can be used for all applications
- Compatible with all finishing applications including troweled, broomed and stamped
- Placed and finished the same as standard concrete
- Improved finishability with reduced placing labour
- Eliminates performance inconsistencies typicallyexperienced with other types of hardeners
- Increased abrasion, wear and impact resistance
- Uniform hardness throughout the full depth of theslab, not just the surface
- Eliminates hardener delamination
- Plant batching ensures quality control, consistencyand full slab wear resistance
- Cost savings to owners compared to other high performance concretes and placers due to the elimination of additional hardeners and clean up
- Eliminates performance problems experienced with other labour intensive hardeners
- Elimination of dust and dust protection improves working environments
The charts for Compressive Strength
and Slump are a result of an engineering review conducted by D.R. (Rusty) Morgan, Ph.D., P.Eng., Chief Materials Engineer for AMEC Earth & Environmental Ltd. The Abrasion charts depict the results of tests conducted by Pildysh Technologies Inc.
Hard-Wear® concrete out-performed in all the tests conducted with a GU control and GU with a non-metallic hardener.