LESS WEIGHT. MORE OPTIONS.
Micro-Lite® concrete is an innovative alternative to traditional lightweight concrete.
Made with an expanded polystyrene to replace lightweight aggregate, of which sources are depleting, Micro-Lite® concrete provides superior and consistent results. It is ideal for applications where concrete weight is an issue such as floor toppings, raised decks, multi-story buildings, roof top construction and precast sections.
- Easily pumped, placed and finished
- Can be produced at structural strengths
- Consistent results and evenly distributed mix components
- Reduced cracking
- Reduces load bearing requirements of support members, cutting sizes and saving costs
- Minimizes floor and beam thicknesses, increasing space without increasing building height
- Fire resistant properties promote costs savings on fire protection requirements
- Reduced aggregate use results in a reduced environmental footprint
- Improved thermal performance promotes energy savings
- Increased design flexibility
- Micro-Lite® concrete is recyclable
- Can be used anywhere lightweight concrete is required
- May be designed at varying levels to attain desired strengths and weights
- Polystyrene can be coloured grey
Micro-Lite® concrete meets the following specifications:
Compressive Strength - ASTM C39
Flexural Strength - ASTM C78
(Properties are density dependant)
Consistency - ASTM C143/ASTM C1611
Slump 0-150 mm
Freeze-Thaw - ASTM C666
Resistance Procedure A & B
Structural mixes achieved a Durability Factor greater than 80%
Scaling-Deicing - ASTM C672
Visual rating of surface ~2
(slight to moderate scaling)
Fire Rating - ASTM E119
(ANSI/UL 263 - CAN/ULC S101)
Fire Testing of Building Construction and Materials
UL Design No. D974
ULC Design No. F915
Modulus of Elasticity and Poisson’s Ratio - ASTM C469
Modulus of Elasticity
*Results are affected by coarse aggregate type and loading.
**Strength results are based on 28 days.
Micro-Lite® concrete is produced in conjunction with Elemix.